Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Eloise Catherine Henderson "Ellie"

Well baby girl has an official name! "It" turned into a "She", and "She" is now "Ellie". We had two names picked out, and decided on the way back from Birmingham on Sunday that her name would be Ellie. We wanted to use family names, so she will be named for Jay's paternal grandmother Eloise Henderson, and my great-aunt (my namesake) Catherine Gaston.

I always told myself that I would name my child and call her/him by the first name and not confuse it with a name like mine... My official name was Sara Catherine Patterson, but I went by Kate. Yes, Catherine with a "C" and Kate with a "K". It has been a constant laugh among my friends on what my official name is... When we got married and moved to GA, I wanted to keep all my names and add Henderson. Well, I was quickly told (at the DMV) that "you can't have four names in the state of GA"... Okay, well let's do Catherine Patterson Henderson since Kate kind-of comes from Catherine and that is how everyone knows me... Nope - Strike two. You can't drop your first name in the state of GA w/o going before a judge? WHAT? Are you kidding me? This is when the tears filled my eyes and I had to do Sara Patterson Henderson. Yep - Catherine, nor Kate is officially part of my name now... All this to say - We are using Eloise as the first name even though she will go by Ellie. So, I am making it a little easier for her :-)

Today marks day 1 of monogramming for Ellie!

new post below

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that name! Well, all of those names! We can't wait to meet her in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, great to hear from you and CONGRATS on sweet Ellie! Girls are so delightful, and I know you are going to have the most fun getting ready for her! Your bedding and furniture look gorgeous. I'm so glad you had a great experience at KSU. We're really excited. Are y'all still in the area? We'll have to have playdates for all four girls after Ellie and the twins arrive if so. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I had to comment and say that I love the name! haha. I guess I'm a bit partial. No, seriously, I love the entire name. I love the bedding also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the name and congrats on finding out! can't wait to send you some monogrammed stuff! i love those two names together. :) great pick!

    ReplyDelete