Monday, August 24, 2009

New York

I love New York City! I had heard from so many people that I would, but I didn't get my hopes up too high. I flew up for a long weekend to celebrate our 5th anniversary and babymoon! NYC did not disappoint. We crammed a lot into the 3 days. I hit the traditional hot spots: Serendipity for Frozen Hot Chocolate, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Plaza, NBC, Dean&Deluca's, Central Park, H&M, China Town, Little Italy, Magnolia Bakery, Crumbs Bakery, and a Broadway Show. I could have stayed another week!

We had dinner at a great place, Apiary, on Friday night. This restaurant was near NYU, and was absolutely delicious!

I had two highlights for our trip...
Seeing Wicked - WONDERFUL show... and my anniversary gift - a new camera.

Jay really surprised me on this one. I usually have a way of figuring out my gifts. I love to figure them out, but then hate it's not a surprise (I know - weird). This time, I had no clue! I have been begging for this camera for a while... I call it a Mom-Camera b/c most mom's I know have one. When we got back from dinner on Thursday night, Jay asked me to grab something from his work bag. When I opened it, the camera was inside! I think I was in complete shock for a while... We spent the rest of Thursday night playing with the camera. So most of the pictures below are from my new Mom-Camera. I can't wait to use it for Ellie!





No comments:

Post a Comment