Friday, February 17, 2012

Less than 3 weeks away!!!!

I feel like as we get closer to moving, the days are dragging by. They still have a few things left inside but they did a lot this week! Hardwoods are in, appliances are in, yard is 90% complete, cedar posts are up, stone work is done, and bathrooms complete!

What's left??? Touch-ups inside, painting for the outside doors, carpet, and railing on the porch.

Also, our BFFs here are moving in a few doors down! So excited we will be close to them!

Changing gears - the stomach virus has been hanging out with us for a week... Spending a couple of days with each member. Ellie was the first victim, Jay celebrated Valentines with his version of the bug, and I am hopefully on the tail end of mine.

I'm so excited my mom will be coming this weekend to help with Ellie as Jay and I both have out of town work. She is also volunteering her services for our new shower curtains in the new house!

Last piece of Henderson news... Ellie pooped in the potty! I think it was an accident but we still celebrated!!! I will not post the picture (bc I do have one)!

2 comments:

  1. Your house looks great...but I'm going to talk about #2 now...here's a bit of wise advice past down to me from your cousin Candi. My daughter was very hesitant about pooping. Candi said Reagan was the same way so she encouraged things to move along by mixing some Myralax in some warm apple juice. I had an idea what time of day Ruth Ann was going so a little bit before that time or if I knew she had not been in 24+ hours I would mix her a drink, ask her to finish it and then 30 minutes later I made her sit on the potty until she did her business. A few days of this and she got comfortable with what she needed to do and we haven't had a #2 accident since...#1 accidents still happen because she doesn't want to stop whatever she's doing but that's a whole other issue. Call Candi for all the details, but this was the only method that work for my stubborn child! Good luck with the move! I also have a few smocked Auburn dresses I'm selling if Ellie is wearing 2T in the fall...one is a Shrimp and Grits dress, the other is a Rags Land dress. I'll ship them to you if you're interested. I'll send you a FB request today, they're posted under my pictures now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. House looks amazing! So sorry you got sick, too. Not fun at all. LOVE that picture of Ellie watching TV in her little heels. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete