Thursday, July 5, 2012

Trying to play catch up!

Life continues to move much faster than I expect. I can't believe we are in the middle of summer now. A few updates on the Henderson Family... New job - most of you know this, but I left Auburn to start a new job as an Independent College Counselor with Summit Counseling in Alpharetta. It was time for a change, and came at the perfect time! I am excited to work back at an office a few days a week, but am able to keep my flexibility for Ellie and Jay's schedules too. I have sent, and will continue to spend, some travel time visiting new colleges. Mom and I are off next week to NC and will see 10 schools in 4 days! I did a SC swing a few weeks back, and had a great time meeting new people and seeing what might be a great fit for our students! Ellie - is growing up way to fast. She is definitely a swimmer now, and loves the independence of swimming back and forth to us. She has no fear, and we are comfortable letting her jump in and swim on her own. She is by no means staying out in the middle for long periods of time. The swim lessons have definitely paid off this year! She is also loving "school". She ask me each morning if she can go to school to see her friends. She is talking non-stop and is asking a lot of "why" questions. Some make us laugh out loud. We are a week and half into really potty training, and only have pull-ups at night. She has been doing number 1 since Thanksgiving, but would not budge on number 2. FINALLY, we succeed last Monday. We are into bribing her at this point, so she has racked up a Cinderella dress; Doctor kit; my little pony; new DVDs; and LOTS of M&Ms. I can't believe she is growing up so fast! We took a quick and MUCH needed vacation to Pap's condo. My mom joined us and we soaked up every minute of rest, beach, pool, and delicious seafood!
Hope to post more in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment