Thursday, June 18, 2009

The last few weeks...

More than 1 person mentioned to me that my blog has not been updated, so I figured I fill everyone in on the last few weeks. Between 16 - 19 weeks, there is really not much to blog about... I am definitely showing now and am excited you can tell I am preggo and not just gaining some weight. I will probably regret thinking that this is considered showing. I know it is going to get bigger (and better) in the weeks to come. I can't believe it is almost half-way over. This has been so easy for me, and I hope the next 20 weeks are this easy too. I have been very lucky not to have any sickness, haven't been too tired, and am still enjoying working out. My cravings/aversions haven't been too bad either. I am really stuck on Nachos from the gas station right now. I know this is gross, but they are so good!

Things we are doing:

1. Looking at furniture. We have been to one place, and going to another one before next week. We love the dark cherry or espresso and are set on doing the conversion bed. I would love any feedback on baby furniture. This is definitely more expensive that I thought.

2. Looking for bedding... This is kind-of hard to do when you don't know what you are having yet. We've picked out (let me take that back, I have picked out and Jay has either agreed or disagreed) several patterns. I like the custom stuff so hopefully I can narrow this down in the next few weeks.

3. Organizing what to register for. THANK YOU to all the moms out there that I have emailed about what you liked/didn't like when you registered. I really appreciate your feedback! I am going to break my registry into 2 parts. We are hoping to register for all non-gender stuff this week/weekend, and then finish up after we find out.

4. Deciding on daycares/nannies for next year. As of right now, I am planning on working once the baby comes. This could totally change, but I LOVE my job and LOVE the flexibility of it. I don't know that I could stay home, but again this could all change. I can't believe that I was touring facilities at 16 weeks and didn't even know what I was having. We are on several lists and are hoping not to start paying before we need it. This could be a possibility at our favorite place.

5. I also started a prenatal Yoga class that I love! It's once a week, and hope this will help in the soon to be pains that others in the class are experiencing. We have one lady that is due in 3 weeks, and she looks and feels great! I hope I am still there at 37 weeks.

6. FINDING OUT WHAT WE ARE HAVING!!! We are so excited that we will be finding out next Tuesday. Both families are coming over and the Mom's are going into the ultrasound with us. I will definitely update after next Tuesday! What do you think??? Boy or Girl? I have had so many mixed responses on what I am having... The majority thinks boy.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks!! You are having one too :) I am ready for you to find out now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the dark cherry furniture, but we did not get all of the pieces that match. We got our baby bed online at Baby Albee in New York, and we got her dresser at a furniture in Auburn. It is not a baby dresser because I wanted her to have something she could use later on. As far as the bedding, I picked out two different fabrics that coordinate, and one of my friends made her bed skirt and curtains. I got the bumper pad at babies r us. It is pink minky dot. I will email you picture of her nursery. Register for everything! Just make sure you ask for gift receipts if you register at Target; they are so picky. I thought I was having a boy the entire time, and thought I saw boy parts on the ultrasound. Obviously, I was wrong! Can't wait to find out what you are having. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, it will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the espresso colored baby furniture with the conversion bed and I love it. Hopefully it will last her a while. We bought ours at Babies R Us and we were amazed by the quality! It was a little pricey, but well worth it.
    To help you with day care- Sophia LOVES daycare! She gets excited when i drop her off and plays so well with other kids. They have cameras at her daycare and I can watch her from work. Look for a daycare with that feature.

    Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously I'm not qualified to make any educated guesses at this point... Since I was waaaay off with #5 for me! Ha! That's okay. We LOVE boys. Either way, CALL ME IMMEDIATELY after your appointment! Love you.

    ReplyDelete