Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We are so excited about our precious, sweet, and beautiful little GIRL!!!

We are so excited (and I was so right) to announce we are having a little girl! I have been practicing saying "she" all day long instead of "it". She was not wanting to cooperate at first so it was the very end before we knew! Everything looks good and is measuring right on track. She was moving around, but I have still yet to feel the "butterfly flutters" that everyone refers to as the baby moving. I feel some bubbles here and there and am thinking that is her moving around in my belly. She was head down today so we only got a couple of profile shots. We did get a great picture of her tiny hand, and precious feet.






We invited both sets of parents up for the appointment. Mom and MIL went back with us for the ultrasound and it was exciting watching their excitement. I am sure my whole family and town knew I was having a girl before we left the ultrasound room even though "No cellphones were allowed"! Mom was excited about our little girl. Neither had experienced an ultrasound before, so they were amazed at how much you can see. I will go back in 4 weeks for my sugar test. I have heard this is not a fun appointment. I also found out I get another ultrasound at 28 weeks! Yea for us to see our precious little one again!

Our next stop was the furniture store to show (and order) our furniture!!! We have looked around Atlanta and kept going back to our original place and our first choice. It was a little pricey, but it's exactly what we wanted. I will post pictures of that below too. I am glad we have that finished, and expect to have it in 8 weeks.

I am going to try to enjoy the next 20 weeks by not rushing this along... With the furniture ordered, my next items are finishing the registry and choosing our bedding. I have looked at so much for can't find the exact one. I have a few in mind, and would appreciate any feedback on where you got your bedding. There are so many designers and choices!

Thanks for all your love, encouragement, and prayers for our family. We are overly excited and Jay is ready for some shades of pink in this house! His one thought on the way home today was "Oh no, I have to pay for a wedding!" Ha Ha Ha... and a prom, and ballet and gymnastics classes, and the list goes on...

The big question from friends and family has been "What's her name?" Well, we don't have one just yet... We have some in mind and will definitely let you know once we have decided. Bring on the monogrammed everything!!!!

Before the Ultrasound



Gifts for Baby Girl




Furniture for Baby Girl's Room (Ragazzi - Pompei)

7 comments:

  1. yea!!! Man I really thought you were having a boy!! Ok I think you and I are just alike! I am getting Ragazzi furniture too! And I have already had 2 things monogrammed!!! I love it! :) I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That furniture is beautiful! So excited for you guys!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for girls! We are so happy for you. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You apparently already have that Mother's Intuition, you called it from the start. ha! I know she will be so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on having a girl. Tell Jay he has no idea what he is in store for. He can ask Chuck about all those different lessons and how much all those beautiful dresses are too.

    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you guys!!! Also, www.polkatotdesigns.com is a great site for custom bedding and decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations, kate! found your blog through kelly's (of course). can't wait to hear about this sweet baby girl. :)

    ReplyDelete