Saturday, October 17, 2009

Waiting Game

Sorry for the slight delay in blogging... Not much "fun stuff" to report the last couple of weeks. I have always heard the last 4 weeks seem like the longest in the pregnancy. I feel like this past week crawled along for me. I finish up travel for work this week, so I am sure week 38, 39, and 40 will be very slow.

We've had back-to-back weekends with "no plans" which meant getting the house ready for Ellie. We cleaned out the garage... washed all her clothes, sheets, towels... Finished her nursery... Cleaned out cabinets... deep-cleaned the kitchen... picked up some last minute things from Babies R Us and Target... and got lots of rest!

I did have a minor fender-bender 2 weeks ago that resulted in me having to be admitted to the hospital for observation. I was fine, but being this far along they wanted to monitor Ellie and make sure everything was okay. There is no way I could be on bed rest... The four hours in the hospital seemed like days to me.

We visited Ellie's daycare again (LOVE IT), selected our pediatrician, and finished up our classes at the hospital.

I am fighting a major sinus infection, and had to use the after-hours call line for the first time today. They called in a prescription and instead of it putting me to sleep - I am WIDE AWAKE! So much for get all the rest you can before she arrives...

Special treat -- My mom and dad are over for a few days and it was great to do some pre-Christmas shopping with Mom! We had our annual Junior League Mistletoe Market and Ellie picked up some sweet Christmas clothes.

We go back to the doctor on Monday for our 37 week check-up. Hopefully we'll meet this precious miracle soon!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! It does seem to crawl by in the end. But, once she gets here, time will fly! Hang in there. I hate you are having sleeping troubles.

    We can't wait to meet Miss Ellie! Hopefully, when y'all are here for thanksgiving, we'll have her boyfriend ready too. Surely. There's no way I'm going to be LATE with #5.

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete