Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Night One




Well we survived our first night home... but at times I didn't know if we'd make it. I think we totaled our sleep to about 1 hour from 11 p.m. - 5 a.m. I understand why everyone says to get your sleep in before the baby arrives. Today, Ellie has slept all day except when feeding (including during her heel prick). I am sure she was exhausted from being up all night. We had to wake her up for all of her feedings today. I think she would have slept through a couple if we'd let her. Thank goodness for mothers and mother-in-laws. Jay's mom has been with us since Friday and has been amazing. She cooks, cleans, does laundry, offers advice, lets us take naps, and holds Ellie anytime we need a break. My mom and dad are coming Saturday for the week.

She's had a few visitors, and will meet my side of the family this weekend. We are loving every minute with our little girl... even the ones of her screaming (right now as Jay is swaddling her). I am so in love with this little miracle.

I will eventually post about the birth story, but still need some time before that happens... Not ready to recount the days just yet, nor scare any expectant moms.

With Daddy

1 hour old

With MeMe and Pap (Jay's Parents)

With MeMe, MiMi (my mom), and Pap

With MiMi and new pink bear

Neighborhood Welcoming Committee

We're Home

5 comments:

  1. She is so pretty! She doesn't even look like a new born! More like a beautiful doll. Hope she gets her days and nights switched around soon so you can get some rest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our days and nights mixed up too. Just know that it will pass. Ellie is absolutely beautiful. She looks like a 1 month old ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I love the " don't want to scare any expectant moms" comment :) ha! I don't want to know...just let me go in stupid and come out crying :) I hope Luke gets here soon! Ellie is beautiful though!! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful! It looks like from the pictures you had to have a c-section. I am very curious to hear what happened. Sorry if it was rough!(I'm assuming it was) Hope Ellie gets her days and nights straightened out soon. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay, I'm very happy for you and Kate! Ellie is beautiful.

    Right now I'm sure you are convinced there is no blessing greater than your little baby girl.

    Believe me, there is a blessing greater than a little baby girl, and that is a SECOND baby girl and you know I'm speaking from experience with four little girls.

    Ellie is a gift not only to you, but to the world.

    Congratulations,

    Jason and Erin Dukes

    ReplyDelete