Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Keeping half of my promise

by posting again... We were both back at the doctor this afternoon so I am going to do my big post hopefully tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers as we both battle a nasty sinus/ear infection. Poor Ellie's infection moved to her chest so we had to pick up a nebulizer (breathing machine with mask) today. We are doing treatments every 3 hours, and she screams the whole time. Hopefully this will clear up her poor, little lungs. I am on round 2 of drugs for this crazy infection... Never in my life have I felt this bad! I feel sorry for anyone that gets sinus infections often.

2 comments:

  1. Go to a pharmacy and see if they have a pacifier attachment (I am assuming she takes a paci?) that goes on the nebulizer and shoots out the medicine sort of up the nose while they have a paci in the mouth. Turner had bronchiolitis at 5 months and we got a nebulizer then and she hated it. We found a paci attachment and that helped! And if for whatever reason you have to ever do it again, rest assured that when Ellie gets interested in TV she’ll realize that using the nebulizer is a definite way to get to watch her favorite programs! Turner even asks to use the machine now even when she clearly doesn't need it!  Just FYI – hopefully you can find the attachment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to recommend the paci thing too. We've had to use a nebulizer a ton over the years for different illnesses. Hope you sweet girls are better SOON. Love you!

    ReplyDelete