Wednesday, April 7, 2010

5 months - Sickness - Easter



I was going to divide this into 3 different posts, but knew I would not get around to doing that... Ellie and Jay are both sleeping, so I have some time to FINALLY update! This is been a hard couple of weeks... I apologize for the super long post!

5 months
I fall more and more in love with this little one. She is so much fun right now. I never understood when people would say or blog about loving this month or this stage with their child. I completely understand it now! I know each month will get better and better as she develops her personality. We have enjoyed this last month with her b/c she interacts so much right now!

LOVES - bath time, carrots, sweet potatoes, pears, green peas, pacifier, exersaucer, being outside, and Sophie

HATES - getting out of the bath, cleaning her nose, getting in her car seat

She is rolling all the time, and has started rolling tummy to back. We now are laying her on her back unswaddled for bed and she immediately flips to her tummy.

We found out she does take a paci... I say found out b/c we tried doing the paci at home but she didn't seem too interested. When we'd pick her up from daycare, they would ask - do you want her paci? We'd always say no (thinking she doesn't take one)... I picked her up 2 weeks ago and she was sleep with a paci in... They said she always takes it. Good to know! Now she has one all the time and it seems to sooth her.


Sickness

We went to the DR two weeks ago b/c she had a low fever, runny nose, and cough. I almost didn't take her b/c I figured they'd send me home with nothing. Glad we did b/c we found out she had an ear infection. We started amoxicilian. We went back the following week b/c the congestion was worse. I really didn't want to take her this time b/c I figured they'd say it hasn't been long enough on her medicine. I was wrong again! It had moved to her chest and developed into bronchitis. They changed her over to another antibiotic, and an inhaler for the wheezing... We had to go back again yesterday b/c she gets into coughing fits and can't catch her breath - scary, yes - and picked up a nebulizer. She hates it. We have the mask and pacifier attachment. Luckily, we are able to hold her still for the 5 minutes it takes. We go back again tomorrow for a re-check!

During this time, she passed her sinus/ear infection over to me. I started an antibiotic last week and am still feeling pressure. I went back yesterday for a steroid and decongestant. We were hoping Jay was in the clear, but he went in this morning for a sinus infection! So our house looks like a drug store right now.
Poor Baby

All of our drugs


What I did most of my time last week

Love this one with my brother


Easter
Due to the sickness, we were unable to make it to church for Easter. We knew Ellie didn't need to be around a lot of people. We were able to celebrate with my family! We still took pictures in her Easter dress, and with her basket!




We did visit with the Easter bunny (probably who got her sick ;-)


One of my Easter outfits


Love my Pop - he makes me smile and squeal

3 comments:

  1. Love that pic with your Dad. Sweet girl! Hope y'all are all better FAST. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Did you do her Easter bunny onesie? I have been meaning to ask how your machine is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys are feeling better. Love all the Easter pics!

    ReplyDelete