Saturday, July 10, 2010

Catching up... 4th of July, Mr. Mom, and weekend visits


I know, I know... I am a little behind on blogging. When I have the time (i.e blog stalking or checking facebook), I never seem to want to update my own blog. We had a pretty low key 4th of July. We wanted to take Ellie to see the fireworks, but knew the 9 - 9:30 time would totally throw her sleep cycle off. We hung around the house with some neighbors and enjoyed the extra long weekend.

Ellie's new trick... holding her own bottle. She has just started doing this and it makes my life so much easier. She used to get so mad when we'd try to put her hands on her bottle. We have been practicing a lot and she FINALLY has it! This makes our morning routine so much better!


She has also decided to stand up in her bed or on anything around her (including Sophie). The sad thing is she doesn't know that some things give way when she pulls up on them. We've had quite a few falls this week, and lots of bumps and bruises. We lowered her bed last week, and removed the fish mobile because that is what she was using to pull her self up on. She is so close to crawling forwards. She has crawling backwards down pat!






I think this is hilarious b/c they both are probably saying... "Come on Mom... Enough with the pictures"


She LOVES her DVD's in the car, so we introduced her to Mickey Mouse Club! She seems to like it too, but does get bored with it after about 3 minutes.


Our friends waiting for a table to eat some BBQ! They loved Ellie and she loved them. They are twins and were full of energy!



Jay was a full time Mr. Mom last week. I was traveling for work and was gone 3 nights. A lot of people were shocked I would leave Ellie with Jay for so long w/o having my mom or Jay's mom up to help out. He is such a hand's on dad so I didn't think twice about it. He did such a great job, and all the ladies at daycare were bragging on how cute she looked each day. They asked him to dress her in a "rocker" outfit the last day instead of her usual smocked outfit and of course he loved that! I missed them like crazy, but did enjoy the break and wonderful sleep!

This weekend we headed to Bham and Auburn to visit some family and friends. I am so thankful for loving grandparents. They are always willing to get up in the morning and let us sleep in! Thanks MiMi and Pop!

Visiting the beautiful Hudson Family!




Hope yall have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute!!! I agree with you that SLEEP is the best possible gift a grandparent can bring with them when they visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun with y'all! It just didn't last long enough. Kiss that beautiful baby for us!

    ReplyDelete