Saturday, October 2, 2010

Catching Up - Mini Vacation



Jay had a business trip to Jekyll Island a couple of weeks back, so we tagged along to enjoy the beach for a couple of days. I was extremely worried about the 5 1/2 hours trip, but Ellie did great. We only stopped once and changed out the videos every 30 minutes. I was hoping she would nap, but that only happened the last 30 minutes of the trip.







We enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits Festival and had our fair share of shrimp and grits. I am good for at least a year. Ellie LOVED the grits, live music, and sea breeze. We ventured out to the beach on Saturday. I am so happy I grew up going to the Gulf. I don't know that I could get used to the rocky beaches, and muddy looking ocean water. It reminded me of the lake. The pool was still semi-doable and Ellie splashed around in the baby pool.

We watched the first half of the AU/Clemson game with sound, and the the last half without sound while Ellie slept (which was hard to do for the 2nd half). We were all in one SMALL room, so sleeping was a challenge each night. We definitely do better with our own rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment