Saturday, October 2, 2010

Working Mom

Well, it has been A LOT harder than I thought trying to balance being a mom and a BUSY work season. Coming back in the Spring was pretty easy, but Fall has been hard. For those not familiar with college admissions, fall is our busy season. We travel to high schools, college fairs, campus events, private student meetings, etc... all day and night. I am logging 12 - 15 hour days right now which leaves little time at home with Jay and Ellie. The busy season is only temporary (August - December), and I have to remind myself of that on a daily basis. Jay has definitely filled in as Mr. Mom that last several weeks and has complained ZERO about it. He cleans the house, cooks dinner, takes care of Ellie, on top of working 8 - 10 hours a day! I can't tell you how great it is to have someone take on my normal duties without a single complaint. I am very grateful that he has re-arranged and balanced his schedule for my crazy schedule.

Since I have been up to my eyeballs in college admissions (oh the stories I could tell from my job - different post), we've relied on camera phone pictures.




Thanks to the The Hudson Storm for keeping Ellie while I had work in Auburn one morning! She can't wait to come back and see her boyfriend(s)! I appreciate it more than you'll ever know! I owe you a big favor of keeping The Storm anytime you all want a night out in Atlanta!





1 comment:

  1. We had a blast with her! Miss Ellie is too cute and funny. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete