Monday, May 4, 2009

13 weeks and Ultrasound Update

Today we had our 12 week (really 13 for us) appointment. This was a long appointment with a lot of information. We first had another ultrasound, and this time it was AMAZING! It really looks more like a human now. At 8 weeks, I couldn't tell what the specific body parts were. Today, I could tell what was what without the tech pointing things out to us... The baby was very active, and heartbeat was strong at 167. I have thought we were having a girl the whole time and now am even more confident with the high heart rate. The ultrasound tech says the heartbeat numbers do not signify gender, but my gut is still going with girl.

We met with another doctor in the practice and she said everything looks great. She thinks I have passed the "morning sickness" time and am home free w/o any sickness. Praise the Lord! I had a lot of blood drawn for some genetics testing and should have the results at my next appointment. Please pray for everything to be okay!

We go back the end of May for 16 weeks, and June 23rd for the 20 week ultrasound! At our 20 week ultrasound is when we find out what we are having.

Have a good week and enjoy the pictures!

Profile Picture

Looking toward you

Another Profile

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh, what perfect pictures! I'm so excited for you both, and glad to see you blogging again. Love you guys, Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay! Yay! So glad you are back and congrats again. BTW, heartbeats have been all over the place with my one girl and three boys. So happy you are here. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kate!! I didn't know. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete