Friday, July 24, 2009

Busy Busy Busy



I am now 24 weeks (6 months for the non-moms and those not used to counting in weeks), and still feeling great! I had my 24 week check-up which included the not so fun glucose test. I had been told by so many the horror stories of the "drink". It was not good, but I was able to choke it down in my 5-minute time limit. My choices were Orange or Fruit Punch. I went with the Orange. It reminded me off the cheap Kool-Aid you used to get at VBS or Daycare where you had to peel the tops off to drink. I hope I passed so I don't have to go back for the 3-hour test. I will find out on Monday... stay tuned!

Ellie measured perfect and her heartbeat was strong. I have really been enjoying taking my time with this pregnancy and felt like we have plenty of time before she arrives. We choose August as "nursery month" b/c my work schedule will kick into high gear September and October. I realized on the way to Andalusia last night that August is next week. We haven't moved furniture out of our guest room, picked out a paint color, gotten our bedding, nor our furniture! I am still undecided on the color of her nursery. We are leaning toward the light green from her bedding, but who knows my mind changes every 5 minutes.

We are heading to my sister-in-law's wedding this weekend, and then a nice, relaxing beach trip at Sandestin! This will be my 28th year of going to Sandestin with my family. This will also be our last beach trip as a couple. Don't worry, we'll have plenty of kids to keep us occupied with my brother's 3 coming! We are taking a "babymoon" in August to New York so we'll have one last trip as just us! This will be my first trip to NYC and I am so excited! Please send suggestions of "must-sees and dos" and any restaurant or hotel information.

Below are pictures from the last few weeks...

With Larkin and Abbie before Katie's Wedding


Katie on her wedding day! Such a beautiful bride!



Kelly's Bachelorette Weekend

3 comments:

  1. wow...I didn't even think about me being 6 months next Wednesday! I think it would be fun for us to have Ellie and Luke on the same day :) That means you would have to be late and I would have to be early, which also means I get the good side of that deal! :) We shall see what happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. y'all HAVE been busy! you look great! i love all of your dresses in the rehearsal dinner pic! cute girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I have a feeling I am going to come Nov 14th! :) Of course the Auburn/GA game! :) I have my sugar test next appt so on Aug 12th I think...not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete