Saturday, September 19, 2009

My new best friend

AMBIEN! I have a new best friend, and feel so much better after a good nights sleep. My work schedule is crazy right now with many 12 - 15 hour days. I come home each night exhausted, only to roll around all night with hardly any good sleep. A blogging friend had mentioned getting some help from her doctor, and I was hoping my doctor would do the same.

We had our 32 week check-up and I brought the issue up during question time. My doctor said he does not like to prescribe Ambien to his patients, and prefers the natural route of hot tea, and possibly Tylenol PM. I had tried both, and a sleep pillow. I think he could see the tears starting to fill my eyes as I explained how exhausted I was right now. He went ahead and prescribed me 7 Ambiens to take ONLY when I could get 8 - 10 hours of sleep. Last night was a success! I slept from 9:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m and feel so much better.

Ellie's appointment was good... She is measuring a little ahead and is in the 55th percentile. They estimated her weight right now as 4 lbs 9 oz... that's up from 3 lbs 4 oz 2 weeks ago... They are quick to make sure you know these are estimates and know way to really know how big/small they will be. My doctor this week predicted at least 8 pounds - wow.

We're headed to AU today for the game, and this could possibly be our last trip this season... We have a childbirth class next Saturday and then the next home game is AU/KY October 17th. I will be pushing 37 weeks, and don't know that being in Jordan-Hare that close to due date is smart...

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. Not sleeping is NO FUN. And I loathe when people try and say things like, "Well, it's your body's way of gettin' ready to be up all night with that baby!"
    No, dear, it's not. Cause my body is smart enough to know that I need ALL the sleep I can get now so I can handle being up all night later.
    Hope it gets better for you.

    Hey, can I have some of that ambian to slip in the kids sippy cups? That's who I need to sleep in our house!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete