Thursday, March 25, 2010

Best Friends

We may have the best dog in the world. Sophie was my wedding present from Jay and looked like a cotton ball when we first got her. She is the most loving, and patient dog I have ever been around (little bias, but others that know her would agree). She isn't the smartest dog, but I will take sweet over smart - especially with a baby! I wasn't the least bit worried about bringing Ellie around Sophie. She's been around my nieces and nephews and has always been great with them.

Ellie started to "notice" Sophie around 3 months. She would stare at her but not really interact much. This past month, Ellie has really showed some interest in her "Big Sister", and thankfully Sophie shows the same interest in Ellie! I couldn't ask for a better pup!

Sophie always lays close to Ellie w/o getting on top of her

Ellie LOVES touching Sophie... I think she likes her soft fur

Love her little feet getting lost in Sophie's fur...

Look at that sweet, patient face...

I promise Sophie enjoys Ellie's feet in her face ;-)


And we are ROLLING all the time! Every time we lay her down now, she quickly rolls to her tummy. She rolled a few times at 3 months, and then decided she wasn't interested. MeMe started working with her during our ski trip and she's been rolling ever since!



Yes, that is all the nasty dog hair from having her sister on the floor with her

3 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Hank (who is scared to death of dogs) is sitting in my lap and just said, "Momma, dat doggie gonna eat dat baby." I said, "See, even baby Ellie isn't scared of dogs!" and he said, "Well, hers don't know that he's gonna eat hers!" That child is a nut.
    Miss you guys! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO sweet! I've always been amazed at how gentle and patient Shadow is with children, so I know she's going to be an amazing big sister too. And I decided a long time ago that a house isn't a home without pet hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those little fat rolls! You are so lucky to have such a sweet dog. I wish Annabelle and Sophia were better friends. They just ignore each other until Sophia is in her highchair...then Anna finds interest in her! Ellie is precious!! We need to get together next time we are in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete