Tuesday, May 4, 2010

6 months old!!!



Already? I can't believe Ellie is 6 months old. This time last year we were telling everyone our exciting news, and seeing her little sweet self on the ultrasound. She is a VERY ACTIVE 6 month old. She definitely keeps us busy. She is in constant need of attention and something to do. I often get asked if she stays home with me since I work from home... There is no way I would get anything done if she was here. I have had to keep her home a few times due to fever, and that puts me working at odd hours (usually when she's sleeping) because of how much attention she needs. She is good at entertaining herself on her mat, in the exersaucer, or in the jumperoo for about 15 minutes max. I find myself struggling with new things to do to keep her entertained.

6 month stats and things going on in Ellie-World:
Weight - 15.9 pounds - 50th percentile
Height - 25 1/2 inches - 50th percentile
Head - 43 cm - 90th percentile

Perfected rolling over - front to back and back to front
Sitting up very good, but still afraid to leave her by herself just yet
Loves putting her foot and toes in her mouth
Loves to squeal - loudly
Loves to jump - in the jumperoo, or your lap
Loves taking baths
Likes veggies more than fruits - Carrots and Sweet Potatoes are favorites
Trying hard to get up on all fours (not ready for crawling just yet)

I think we've come to the conclusion that sleep is just not something we are going to agree on... She has been a few times ALL DAY without a nap. On those days she doesn't get fussy, but I do! I am begging her to rub her eyes so I can nap! She has been consistently sleeping about 7 - 8 hours a night... I am so jealous of other moms out there when I hear that their babies are sleeping 12+ hours a night! She HATES going to sleep, but we are getting better on going down at night.


She can throw some MAJOR temper tantrums... I have no idea where she gets this (ha ha ha). We've decided all long car rides will be at night when she can sleep. If we travel during the day, she'll last about 2 1/2 hours max, and then the screaming begins and doesn't stop until she is out of her seat. It's not so bad with both of us in the car b/c one can crawl back there with her. It's bad when you are by yourself and stuck in Atlanta traffic. She can also out last me at night on the crying it out method... She's lasted for 2 hours before (with us checking on her). As soon as you go in there to pick her up, she smiles like ha ha - I won... Little stinker...


We were excited to be in Birmingham this weekend, and meet the newest Henderson family member - John Burke. He is so tiny, and seems so sweet. He was a little early, and decided to hang out in the hospital a few extra days. I can't wait to see him again soon.


We also showered Peyton Lakeman who will be arriving in July, and enjoyed some good friends. Ellie met Cooper Wade (who might be the best baby I have ever been around), during dinner with some friends.


We are headed to the beach for Mother's Day. I can't wait to relax a little, and introduce Ellie to the pool and sand. She loves her bath, so I am hoping the pool will be a big bath tub to her!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! She is such a doll! Can't wait to see y'all again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through the first 1/2 of year one and to Kelly and Heath on John Burke's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorble! And the jumparoo was our favorite! Thanks for stopping by The Momtage.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete