Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hanging out and Relaxing!



We had a pretty low key weekend and week so far... Ellie has been giving us some GREAT sleep (for her - 10 hours)! We are not getting our hopes up, but we'll take it when we can get it. She has been so happy and smiley this week too. I am loving this stage because she recognizes us, and gives us the biggest smile every morning. Such sweet moments. I feel myself wanting time to SLOW down. I feel like it's rushing by and makes me sad to think she's almost 7 months old. I am still nursing, and pumping. People are constantly asking me how much longer I am going to do it. The answer is I really don't know. I honestly didn't think I would last this long. I told Jay he should work for the La Leche League because he is such a breastfeeding fan. He did a lot of research before Ellie arrived and even went to a breastfeeding class with me. When they talk about needing a supportive partner so that you'll make it through breastfeeding, they aren't kidding. I probably would have given up a couple of times if it wasn't for Jay encouraging me to keep going.

Hanging out with my friend, Sawyer

I have started bootcamp 3 days a week at 6 a.m. This means getting up at 5 a.m. to pump, eating a quick breakfast, and heading out the door. The first week I thought my body was going to kill me. It hurt to sit down, roll over, walk, carry Ellie, etc... I stuck with it and we are in week 2 and feeling much better. I really do enjoy it, and it's by far the hardest work out I have ever done. This bootcamp is part of a CrossFit gym. Anyone that knows about CrossFit probably knows how hard and intense those workouts are. I like this workout because every day I feel a new area (or muscle group) that is sore which means I am working out something different each time! I am not as worried about the weight loss as just toning up - especially before bathing suit season - YIKES! I am thankful a friend in our neighborhood called me about joining. We both just had babies and knew we needed something besides walking to get us back on track!

In my boy pajamas


We are heading over to hang out with MiMi and Pop this weekend, and visiting with friends back home! I am so excited and LOVE being my family and close friends.

Love my rattle and bumbo - she'll sit on the table and look outside. She loves when Sophie is at the door!

2 comments:

  1. I miss this sweet girl - need to see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how big she's gotten!!! Okay, I need to see my future daughter-in-law. Call me the next time you're in town. Fo-real. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete