Sunday, June 6, 2010

7 months


Ellie turned 7 months on Memorial Day. I never believed parents when they talked about the months flying by, but it's so true. I find myself wanting to soak up every minute I can with her and wish time would stop right now. She cracks us up with some of her facial expressions and melts our hearts with her sweet smile. I think Sophie is her best friend. Sophie is never far behind when we're playing on the floor, eating, taking a bath, or checking on Ellie when she gets upset.

Things happening at 7 months:
Still loves bath time - enjoys splashing her hands and loves putting her hand in the stream of water
Loves looking at herself in the mirror
Started waving and blowing bubbles
Laughs when Sophie barks, or sneezes
Loves being outside swinging or swimming
Loves her DVDs
Loves her exersaucer
Loves her bumbo
Eats 3 solid foods a day
Takes 5 6 oz bottles a day
Still nursing and pumping
We think she is teething
Sleeping 10 - 12 hours a night - Praise the Lord!
Started babbling - BA BA BA BA
HATES getting out of the bath and being dressed for bed
HATES long car rides without her DVDs
HATES green peas, and spinach/potatoes - gags
Loves seeing her Mommy and Daddy
Loves the remote and cell phones

I put her in her high chair this morning while I was getting her breakfast and bottles ready for the day... This is what I found when I looked over to check on her. That is all of our mail from the weekend...

Wrong team, Ellie... We have a cul de sac full of boys. They swarm to Ellie when we are outside and she eats up the attention. They make her laugh so hard. This is what I found while they were playing one day...


New post below...

2 comments:

  1. She has gotten so big! I love what she did while you were fixing her breakfast. We're now calling Flash "Grabby Grabberton" because he can't leave stuff alone. I had him on my hip this afternoon while I was fixing a bottle and he knocked a glass off the counter and it shattered every where. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate--thanks so much for the comment. It was very encouraging for me because I am reading all these books that say that by 3 months a baby should be sleeping ten hours at night, and John is four months, and on a good night we get a 5 or 6 hour stretch, and that happens like once every three weeks. Anyway...it really helps to hear that he is not the only baby that does this, and that it doesn't mean he will wake up all night long for the rest of his life:) Your Ellie is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete